Plum Coulis – Serves 6
Coulis is a thick sauce or a puree made from fruits or vegetables. This plum coulis tastes great over pork, chicken, fish, & vegetables. If the plums are not ripe enough, you may need to add a touch more Agave or Honey. There are all different varieties of plums and your coulis color will vary on the plum type you use.
- 3 medium plums; pitted & peeled
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp White Wine
- 2 tsp Agave or Honey (omit if your plums are ripe & sweet)
- 1 tsp fresh chopped Rosemary
Directions: Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend it up!
Bring a small pan to medium high heat and add coulis. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer uncovered ~ 5-7 minutes or until thick. Check out this recipe for Pork with Plum Coulis.
Happy coulis eating! Beckie – Chef & Clean Food Advocate — http://eatsimplefood.com/plum-coulis/
- You can eat this chilled over ice cream – very versatile!
- Don’t want to peel the plum? Don’t do it then! The coulis may have a different taste and texture but it will still be great!