Pork Chops with Maple/Mustard Glaze
Use boneless or bone in pork chops for this hearty, sweet, and creamy pork chop recipe. Any mushrooms go well in this dish. Buttons are pictured, but shiitakes take it to another level.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: International
- 6 pork chops (~ 2 lb)
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb button or shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 3 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Salt & pepper pork chops.
- Bring a large pan to medium high and add enough butter & oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Sear the pork chops ~ 2-3 minutes on each side or until brown (do this in batches if your pan is not big enough). Remove pork from pan and set aside on a plate
- Reduce heat to medium and add mushrooms to pan and cook covered ~ 5-7 minutes or until soft.
- Whisk dijon mustard, maple syrup, salt, sage, and thyme together in a small bowl. Add to mushrooms and also add pork & any juices. Cook uncovered on a low simmer ~ 5-7 minutes or until internal temperature of pork reaches 135F. Remove from heat, take out pork & stir cream into pan.
- Plate pork, spoon on sauce, and add sea salt to taste and serve with your favorite veggie or grain. Happy Eating! Beckie
Things In My Kitchen:
- Whisk – Set of 3 affordable “balloon” whisks.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Pork, Pork Chops, Mushrooms, Gluten Free, Herbs, Dinner, Fungi, Low Carb