This thick & creamy tomato bisque recipe is extremely easy, fast, affordable and delicious. Grill a cheese sandwich to go with it. Comfort food to the max and a staple soup in our house.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: International
- 3 Tbsp unsalted Butter
- 1 cup (~ 1 small) onion, diced
- 56 ounces (2 cans) WHOLE canned Tomatoes with juices
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Bring a pot to medium high heat and add butter and onions. Reduce heat to medium low and cook covered until onions are soft & translucent (not brown or caramelized) ~ 7 minutes. Add whole canned tomatoes with juices.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer covered ~ 25 minutes. Immersion blend this (you can also food process or put it in the blender). Mix in heavy cream and sea salt.
- Serve with grilled cheese sandwiches. The grilled cheese in the pictures is a mixture of a bunch of left over cheese that we had including blue cheese (YUM!). Happy Eating! Beckie
TIP: Vegans can use soy creamer instead of whipping cream.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Immersion blender – affordable, fast, and has little clean up.
- Professional blender – I love my low profile Vitamix blender but this Ninja is almost as good and tons cheaper.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Bisque, Low Carb, Tomatoes, Gluten Free, Vegetarian