Hearty Butternut Squash Soup
Your tastebuds will love this easy butternut squash soup recipe. Simple ingredients but hearty & comforting flavor and a smooth texture. Easy to eat / drink.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: International
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 1/2lb butternut squash, peeled & chunked
- ~ 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch black pepper
- pinch nutmeg
- Bring a large pot to medium high heat and melt butter. Add onions when warm and cook ~ 5-7 minutes or until onions are translucent. If they’re burning, turn down the heat, you don’t want them to brown.
- Add squash and cover with broth by 1 inch. Don’t add to much broth, you can always add more later if the soup is too thick. (If you run out of broth, just add some water to cover).
- Cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook ~ 20 minutes or until fork tender. Add salt and nutmeg and immersion blend or place in a blender.
- Add salt to taste. Happy soupin’! Beckie
Things In My Kitchen:
- Immersion blender – They’re affordable, easy, work fast & well, and clean up easy.
- Blender – For a touch smoother consistency & if you don’t have an immersion blender. This is a great blender but any blender will do the trick.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Butternut Squash, Squash, Gluten Free, Keto, Low Carb, Vegetarian