Yellow Spanish Rice
This beautiful yellow rice side dish recipe is versatile, but I love to eat it with Turmeric Arroz con Pollo (Spanish Chicken & Rice). Add some fresh chopped herbs or chopped Spanish Olives to take it up a notch. Bonus. Use leftovers the next day by adding meat or veggies from your fridge and make a fried rice main dish.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Spanish
Ingredient List Rice:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 cups broth or water
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- Bring a medium size pot to medium high heat and add oil. When hot, add onions and carrots and cook ~ 4-5 minutes. Add rice, turmeric, and salt and stir to coat. Add broth or water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and cook ~ 20 minutes (or according to package instructions). Remove from heat and add peas (after rice is cooked) and keep rice covered to steam them ~ 8 minutes (this keeps their vibrant color). Remove lid and fluff rice before serving.
- Add salt to taste. Happy Eating! Beckie
Undercooked rice? Add a little more water and/or turn down the heat when cooking. Rice generally takes a 1:2 ratio (rice:water), but the more you increase the rice, the less the water ratio gets (so if cooking larger quantities you need less water).
Things In My Kitchen:
3 Piece Glass Measuring Cups – Made in the USA, glass, stackable, and 1, 2 , & 4 cup capacity.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Yellow Rice, Rice, Spanish Rice, Grains, Gluten Free, Comfort Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy Free