Oven Baked Dry Rub Ribs
This meaty baby back ribs recipe is tender and full of flavor & spices. Ribs take a long time to cook but are incredibly easy to make and always a crowd pleaser. Put it in the oven and go do something else. Dinner is done.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 3 Hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Dinner / Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 4 lb (2 racks) baby back ribs
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp dry oregano leaves
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dry ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp cayenne – optional if you like a little spice
- Preheat oven to 275F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Peel off any tough membrane that is on the bony side of the ribs if it’s not done already. Lay ribs on a lined pan with the meat side up (bone side down) and evenly sprinkle / rub spice mixture over top of the ribs (you may have spice rub left – save it for next time).
- Bake uncovered ~2 1/2 – 3 hours or until ribs are tender. Happy finger lickin’ rib eatin’! Beckie
- Having trouble pulling the membrane off or don’t know what I’m talking about? Skip it. You’ve probably ate it plenty of times or pulled it off after it was cooked.
- Love your crock pot? Segment and throw the ribs in it with the spice mix and cook on low for 8 hours.
Things In My Kitchen:
- 12 x 17 jelly roll baking sheet – I use this for practically everything that goes in my oven.
- 6 quart crock-pot for days when I’m gone all day and want to come home and eat right away.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: BBQ, Barbecue, Ribs, Baby Back, Baby Back Ribs, Pork, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Whole 30, Paleo