Zucchini & Tomato Casserole
This is a healthy and delicious dish to make when zucchinis and tomatoes are fresh and abundant. Layered zucchini, tomato, walnuts, and Parmesan cheese. Summer casserole love!
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: International
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced & seeds removed
- 2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves or 1/4 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated – optional as garnish
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly oil 8×8 baking pan.
- In baking pan add: a layer of sliced zucchini, a layer of sliced tomatoes, sprinkle 1/4 tsp sea salt, sprinkle pinch black pepper, 1 tsp garlic, 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, 3/4 tsp fresh thyme, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat until all ingredients are gone. This should only take 2 layers but it’s ok if you keep going.
- Cover with foil. Cook for ~45 minutes or until zucchini is soft. Take off cover and brown cheese on broiler setting for 2-3 minutes (watch it! you don’t want it to burn!) Let rest for 10 minutes uncovered before serving. Happy Eating! Beckie
Things In My Kitchen:
Grater / Zester for grating the Parmesan cheese to a super light consistency.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Zucchini, Tomato, Casserole, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Summer, Low Carb, Keto