Easy Roasted Chicken Thighs
This roasted chicken thigh recipe is a standard in our house because it is soooo easy and delicious. Takes 45 minutes to cook, but prep time is 5 minutes. Add a salad. BOOM. Dinner is done.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: International
- 8 chicken thighs ( ~ 2 lb) , bone in, skin on
- pinch black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Take off any excess skin hanging off the thigh, if needed. Liberally salt the chicken and add a bit of black pepper. The salt will dehydrate the skin and make it crispy. You want to see the salt on the skin.
- Roast for ~ 45 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken temperature reaches 165F. Rest 5-10 minutes. Add hot sauce to taste. Happy, crispy eating! Beckie
- Wanna up your game? Elevate the chicken on a wire rack over the pan and place some lightly oiled and salted root vegetables on the baking sheet. Keep onions w/ onions, carrots w/ carrots, potatoes w/ potatoes, etc because some veggies will cook faster (i.e. onions). You’ll need to take out the chicken one or two times and stir/rotate/ or take out the veggies.
Things In My Kitchen:
- 13 x 18 “jellroll” sheet pan – I bake everything on these.
- 12 x 17 wire rack – this will elevate the chicken or other ingredients off the pan so it has more air circulation around the chicken, making it a bit crunchier.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Roast Chicken, Chicken Thighs, Comfort Food, Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Sugar Free, Keto, Low Carb, Whole 30