Asian Inspired Raw Zoodle (Zoodle) Stir Fry
This light & tasty zucchini noodle (zoodles) dish is packed full of health and flavor. You’ll need a Spiralizer to make this Asian Inspired zoodle dish. There are certain vegetables that work well in them and zucchini is a perfect example.
Zucchini lets go of a lot of water if cooked and can get soggy fast. Eat it raw instead of cooking it. The delicate noodles taste similar to regular spaghetti, with virtually no taste and soaking up whatever sauce it’s served with. Add some marinated tofu or a piece of pan fried or grilled chicken if you want some more protein. This dish would be perfect for a dinner party because you could make it in advance.
- Prep Time: 35 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: International
Ingredient List “Stir Fry”:
- 4 large zucchini
- 1 red pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced thin
- 2 medium carrots, julienned (sliced thin)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3/4 cup cashew halves
- sriracha or red pepper flakes, optional for heat
- 1 cup green onions, sliced as garnish
Ingredient List Sauce:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil
- 2 limes (~ 3 Tbsp), juiced
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- Mix all sauce ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside. Add salt to taste.
- Add 1 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce to a small sauce pan and add the cashews. Add a touch of sriracha if you like it spicy. Cook over low to medium heat until liquid is absorbed (~ 1 minute).
- Use the spiralizer according to directions to make noodles out of the zucchini. You can also try the carrots in the spiralizer, but I found that more frustrating and labor intense than hand cutting them.
- Combine zucchini, red peppers, onions, and carrots in a large bowl. Before serving toss stir fry with sauce. Plate and top with green onions and cashews. Add red chili flakes or sriracha to taste.
- Happy raw noodle eating! Beckie
You can also use a food processor or cheese grater for the carrots if the spiralizer is not working and you don’t want to chop by hand.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Spiralizer – In my opinion, all the spiralizer’s exaggerate a little on how many vegetables can be spirilized with their plastic products. This is probably about as good as it comes as spirilizer’s go and I have used a couple.
- Benriner Mandolin – This is my “go to” Mandolin for slicing red onions (and other ingredients) super thin.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Zoodles, Zucchini Noodles, Vegan, Vegetarian, Nuts, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Whole 30, Keto, Paleo, Low Carb, Raw,