Lemon Butter Amberjack Fish
This is a classic lemon & butter delicious recipe for amberjack or any fish. Looking for a fast dinner? This recipe takes ~ 10 minutes to make.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Main Dish / Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Coastal
- 6 fillets amberjack or other fish (~2 1/2 lb)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 lemon, wedged into 6 pieces
- 12 thyme sprigs
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Lightly salt and pepper six fish fillets. Bring a large non-stick pan – This pan is large, has a lid, and is PFOA free.
- Bring pan to medium high heat and add butter (add enough to heavily coat the bottom of the pan). When hot lay fish down (skin side first if it still has skin). Squeeze a wedge of lemon over each piece and toss in six thyme sprigs (reserve the other 6 for garnish).
- Cook ~ 3-4 minutes uncovered and flip. The fish should have a nice brown buttery color to it before you flip it. Add more butter if necessary. Cook an additional 3-4 minutes or until fish is flaky. You don’t need to flip again. Add sea salt to taste and garnish with six fresh thyme sprigs.
- Serve with a nice veggie. The veggies in this picture are steamed local rattlesnake green beans and halved cherry tomatoes tossed with mint pesto. Happy Eating! Beckie
TIP: Cook the fish in batches if your pan is not big enough. You want the fish to develop a nice buttery brown color and not steam them, which is what will happen if you crowd the pan. Also, wipe out the pan between batches as butter burns easily and can get blackish if the heat is too high.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Fish spatula for gently flipping delicate fish.
- 12″ non-stick pan – This pan is large, has a lid, and is PFOA free.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thanks for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Gluten Free, Whole 30, Paleo, Low Carb, Seafood, Amberjack, Fish