Green Beans with Lemon Juice & Dill
This green bean side dish recipe pops with tart lemon & mustard and herby dill. Blanching is a perfect way to cook if you want to retain a vibrant color and crisp veggies. It is also perfect if you want to cook them ahead of time because they will still look and taste fresh. This is a perfect side dish for Feta & Spinach Stuffed Chicken.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: International
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp sharp mustard
- 1 Tbsp e.v. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and toss in green beans. Cook for ~ 2 1/2 – 4 minutes or until desired tenderness. Drain and toss in a bowl of ice cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a small bowl mix all other ingredients and add more salt to taste. Toss green beans with sauce. Serve cold or rewarm in a pan if desired.
Eating right away and don’t want to blanch? Just drain the green beans and toss with the dressing.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Kitchen Tongs – I use these for nearly everything and tossin’ the green beans with the vinaigrette is a perfect example.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thanks for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Green Beans, Dill, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Low Carb, Paleo, Keto, Whole 30