I could eat this amberjack ceviche recipe all summer in various forms (different veggies & seafood). Light, tasty, tangy, fresh, and colorful. This dish marinates for a couple hours but putting it all together takes ~ 30 minutes.
- Prep Time: 40 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No Cooking Involved
- Cuisine: International
- 1/2 lb firm fish (amberjack, snapper, mahi mahi, halibut) or shrimp or scallops diced 1/2″
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 5 limes juiced (or enough juice to cover the fish)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small jalapeno, seeds & membranes removed & finely diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp e.v. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch ground black pepper
- Marinate the fish in the lime juice in the refrigerator for 2 hours. The lime juice is “cooking” the fish so make sure all the fish is covered in it. Drain the lime juice and reserve.
- In a bowl add the drained fish and all other ingredients except the avocado. Stir and gently fold in the avocado to the mixture. Add sea salt to taste and add a little more lime juice if you like it tangier. Eat with a spoon or serve with corn chips or crackers.
- If you are making this ahead of time, do everything as is, but save the avocado and cilantro for stirring in right before serving. Ceviche is best when fresh, so don’t let it sit for more than a day.
- Variations on ceviche are endless: radishes, basil or other herbs, cucumbers, lemon juice, artichokes, heart of palm, capers, tomatoes, fruit (pineapple, orange) – so use what you got! Fresh, easy, delicious. Happy Eating! Beckie
Things In My Kitchen:
- Hand held juicer – My mom gave me a juicer similar to this 25 years ago. I still use it & love it.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Ceviche, Avocado, Fish, Pescatarian, Low Carb, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Whole 30, Keto, Raw, Paleo