Creole Spiced Steak
This creole spice mix recipe is perfect on steaks, chicken, pork, seafood or beans. Makes 6 servings or ~ 3 1/2 Tbsp dry rub.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: International
Ingredient List Steak:
- 6 (or ~3 lb) steak (sirloin, strip, ribeye, flank, sliced skirt)
- vegetable oil to lightly coat bottom of pan
Ingredient List Dry Rub:
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp paprika (Hot or Sweet)
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp raw sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne – add less if you are sensitive to spice
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix all dry rub ingredients together and evenly rub on steaks.
- Bring an oven safe pan to medium high heat (cast iron works great) and add enough vegetable oil to lightly cover the bottom of the pan. Pan fry uncovered (you will probably need a splatter guard for grease) ~ 2-3 minutes per side (depending on thickness and kind of cut). Move to the oven and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until desired doneness.
- If you are using sliced skirt steak you will only need to pan fry (no oven) for ~ 1-2 minute on each side. Tent and let rest ~ 5-10 minutes before slicing. Add salt to taste. Happy Eating! Beckie
Things In My Kitchen:
- 16 x 12 x .75 Teak Cutting Board – sourced from sustainably managed plantations and has grooves to catch run-off juices.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Steak, Flank Steak, Holidays, 4th of July, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Low Carb, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Whole 30, Keto