Easy Beef Short Ribs
This simple braised beef short ribs recipe takes a long time in the oven but it is so easy and delicious. Salt and pepper the ribs. Simply lay the beef (bones down) on an aluminum lined baking sheet, snuggle the ribs close together and cover tightly with aluminum. Don’t want to cook it in the oven? No problem – throw them in your crockpot or Instant-pot.
Crockpot users: Toss all the ingredients plus 1 cup beef broth into the crockpot and cook low 6-8 hours.
Insta Pot users: Sear the meats first and set aside. Toss all ingredients plus 1 cup broth into the pot and set for 45 minutes. Follow cool down instructions. If time is low throw it all without searin & walk away.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 210 Minutes
- Total Time: 3 hours 35 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Dinner / Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: International
- 8 beef bone-in short ribs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup bbq sauce
- Preheat oven to 275F.
- Salt and pepper the beef. Lay the beef (bone side down) on an aluminum lined baking sheet, snuggle the ribs close together and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Cook ~ 3 1/2 – 4 hours or until bone starts to separate from the meat and meat is tender. Uncover and baste a bit of bbq sauce (my favorite bbq sauce is Sweet Baby Ray’s) and broil for 2-4 minutes (watching carefully) or until caramelized.
- Serve with potato salad or corn on the cob. Happy Eating! Beckie
TIP: Don’t have bbq sauce? Skip it or throw some ketchup mixed with brown sugar on the top instead.
Things In My Kitchen:
- “Jellyroll” Baking Sheets – for slow cooking these ribs.
- Instant Pot – For quick cooking. Sear or don’t sear depending on your mood & day.
- Crockpot – Set it on low for 8 hours. Walk away.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Barbecue, BBQ, Short Ribs, Beef, Comfort Food, Gluten Free, Paleo, Whole 30