“Purple” Wax Beans w/ Egg Mimosa
These beautiful purple wax beans (aka string or snap bean) turns green when cooked. Use it in a recipe raw if you want to retain the color – but it may be a touch tough depending on the age. Mimosa in this sense (not always an alcoholic drink people!) is a finely diced boiled egg garnish. Separate the yolk and the white and finely dice or run through a potato ricer. Serve hot or cold.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 5
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: French
- 1 lb purple wax beans
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch pepper
- 2 eggs, hard boiled
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add salt.
- Trim off the tough ends on both sides of the bean (most of the time just the stem end needs trimmed). Boil the green beans for 3-5 minutes or until desired tenderness. Drain and blanch in an ice cold bath to stop the cooking process. Drain again, toss with olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper and plate.
- Separate the egg yolk from the white on the hard boiled eggs and finely chop or push through a Potato ricer or fine mesh sieve to get them nice & fluffy. Place the minced yolk in a line down the center of the plate of green beans. Add the whites on both sides of the yolk. Make it look pretty, y’all!
- Serve hot or cold. Add salt to taste. Happy Eating! Beckie
- Don’t want to get the knife and board out? Cool – blanch the beans with the tough sides on and don’t eat the stem end.
- Don’t have ice or want to make it even simpler? Drain the beans and skip the ice water bath.
- Can’t find purple wax beans? Cool – use whatever kind of fresh bean you got.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Potato ricer – this makes the egg creamy & fluffy and is much easier than mincing in my opinion.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Green Beans, Egg Mimosa, Eggs, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Whole 30, Keto, Low Carb, Vegetarian