Sliced Brussels Sprouts w/ Almonds
A bowl of health and taste! This sliced brussels sprouts recipe is tanged up with garlic & onions, tossed with balsamic vinegar and garnished with sliced almonds.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: International
- 1 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup shallots, diced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, trimmed & sliced
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, optional for heat
- Bring a large pan to medium heat, melt butter and add olive oil and shallots. Cook covered (stirring occasionally) ~ 4 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Remove onions & garlic from pan and set aside.
- Into the same pan add 1/2 cup water and Sprouts. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, cover and cook ~ 10 minutes or until tender. Add a little more water if the pan is getting dry. If there is too much water when tender, drain it off.
- Add garlic/onion mixture back into pan along with vinegar, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. Add salt to taste and stir in almonds. Happy Eating! Beckie
- Don’t have shallots? Substitute onions
- Don’t want to slice the Brussels Sprouts by hand? Use the food processor.
- Want it “toasty”. Bake the almonds on a lined baking sheet at 350F ~ 5-8 minutes or until fragrant.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Food Processor – for slicing the Brussels sprout fast.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Brussels Sprouts, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Low Carb, Holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas