Grilled Chicken Thighs
Chicken thighs on the grill are so delicious and very forgiving (i.e. – it’s hard to overcook them). They cook fast and you can’t mess them up and this recipe is finger lickin’ good!
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 (2 each)
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: International
- 2 1/2 lbs (12) boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp ground paprika
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Preheat grill to medium high – ~400F.
- Make spice mix: In a small bowl mix together all dry ingredients.
- Add chicken to a large bowl and add olive oil. Toss oil to evenly coat chicken. Add spice mix and toss again to coat. Sit at room temperature ~ 15 minutes.
- Grill ~ 5-6 minutes on each side or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165F and juices run clear. Add sea salt to taste. Happy Eating! Beckie
- Letting meat sit at room temperature prepares it to cook more evenly than if you just put it on the grill or skillet straight from the cold fridge. People/cooks are different in how long they want certain meats to sit at room temperature. I am only comfortable with 15 minutes for chicken. I let beef sit ~ 30 minutes outside the fridge before cooking.
- Don’t have a grill? Easy enough – pan fry it instead.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Weber Grill – I love this grill. Small but still plenty big enough for 12 chicken thighs and 6-8 steaks. Plus it’s easy to clean the grates. You’ll want to grab the stand below probably as well.
- Weber Grill Portable Stand – Rollable and compacts.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Grill, Chicken, Chicken Thighs, Paleo, Whole 30, Keto, Low Carb, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Holidays, 4th of July, Labor Day, Memorial Day