Kale Salad w/ Dried Mango & Pistachio
“Can you make me some November salad? This my working title for your kale salad recipe with the pistachios and mangos, because the colors in it remind me of so very much of salt marsh hummocks and banks of spartina in the autumn.” This is a quote from one of my clients. She lives next to a cove in the brackish water off the Atlantic Coast near Charleston, SC.
Curly Kale is pictured but lacinato kale works too. Also goat cheese adds creamy richness to this salad.
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Salad
- Method: No Cooking Involved
- Cuisine: International
Ingredient List Salad:
- 1 head lacinato kale, rinsed, destemmed, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted & salted pistachios, chopped
- 2/3 cup dried mango slices, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweetened cranberries
- 2/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled (optional as garnish)
Ingredient List Dressing:
- 1 orange (valencia preferred), juiced
- 3 Tbsp e.v. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Add salt to dressing to taste.
- Add salad ingredients to a large bowl and toss with dressing. Top with crumbled chevre. Happy Eating! Beckie
- Don’t want to wash the kale? Buy a pre washed bag instead.
- I like to toss the salad and the other ingredients separately in the dressing so that I can add the ingredients on top of the salad and they don’t all get lost in the bottom.
- Have an unused jar and don’t want to dirty a bowl? Add salad dressing ingredients to jar and shake vigorously.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Salad spinner – Keep your greens fresh & clean. Kale can get very dirty. Soak it, drain it, spin it.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Kale, Kale Salad, Mango, Pistachio, Low Carb, Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo, Raw, Gluten Free, Whole 30, Holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas