Kale & Toasted Almond Salad
This easy kale salad recipe with toasted almonds, lemon, and raisins is addicting. Curly Kale is pictured but any variety of Kale will do. Don’t have almonds? Use any nut you got. Don’t have raisins? Use another dried fruit such as apricots or cranberries. Serve immediately if you like your kale crispier or let marinate for an hour if you like it more wilted.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 5
- Category: Salad
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: International
- 1 medium bunch Kale, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp e.v. Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- red pepper flakes to taste (optional for spiciness)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or aluminum foil. Toast nuts in a single layer ~5-6 minutes or until fragrant. Cool & set aside.
- Finely chop a bunch of Kale (you can also lightly pulse in a food processor). Place chopped Kale in a large bowl. Mix olive oil, lemon, juice, salt, and pepper together and add to Kale. Add almonds & raisins to the mix. Toss it, taste it, and add more lemon or sea salt to taste. Add crushed red peppers if you want to spice it up a bit.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Tongs – For tossin’ the salad.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Kale, Almonds, Salad, Side, Whole 30, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Low Carb, Paleo, Vegetarian, Vegan