Gnocchi w/ Sausage & Kale
Sausage & homemade gnocchi – doesn’t get much better. Use the easy homemade Gnocchi recipe from last week or buy some from the store. The pan fried, buttery, & fluffy gnocchi taste excellent with savory sausage and kale.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb mild italian ground sausage
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 head Lacinato kale, rough stems removed & chopped
- 1 lb gnocchi
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese – optional as garnish
- Bring a large pan to medium high heat and add oil, sausage, and onions. Cook ~ 8-10 minutes or until sausage is done. Add garlic and cook ~1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Add kale and cook ~2-3 minutes or until wilted.
- Cook gnocchi according to package instructions (or follow my gnocchi recipe if making from scratch). Bring a nonstick pan (this is an affordable PFOA free pan with a lid) to medium high heat and add butter. Add gnocchi when melted and cook ~ 2-3 minutes per side or until brown.
- Add Parmesan cheese to taste. Happy Gnocchi Eating – enjoy! Beckie
Gnocchi not browning? Turn up the heat and / or add a little more butter. Butter burns easy so this should take care of it. Gnocchi too brown? Remove / turn down heat and add some oil instead of butter (if needed).
Things In My Kitchen:
- 12″ Non-Stick Pan – PFOA free and easy to brown the gnocchi in.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Gnocchi, Pasta, Kale, Sausage, Comfort Food, Pork