Easy bacon recipe! Cook one package of bacon at a time and save time the rest of the week. Save bacon grease in a jar and keep in refrigerator (keeps up to 6 months). Let pan cool, crimp the edge of the aluminum foil into a small funnel and pour into a jar. You can use this as you would other oils. My mom used to cook popcorn with it – YUM. I also cook my morning eggs in it. Cooked bacon keeps in the refrigerator ~ 5 days or you can freeze it up to 3 months.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 (2 pieces each)
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: International
- one package bacon (12 slices)
- Preheat oven to 375F (roast if you’ve got it).
- Lay out bacon on an aluminum lined baking sheet. Try not to overcrowd but as you can see in the picture it can fit snug (this is one package).
- Cook uncovered directly on the sheet and not on a rack – it stays moister. Cook ~13 minutes for thin bacon and ~ 20 minutes for thick bacon (no need to flip it at any point). Cool slices on a baking rack over a lined baking sheet (makes it easier to clean) or on a paper towel lined plate. Happy Bacon Eating! Beckie
- Save your priceless bacon grease! I put it in a jar and keep it in the fridge for up to 4 months. I use it to fry eggs and pop popcorn. YUM!
Things In My Kitchen:
- 12 x 17 jelly roll baking sheet – I use this for practically everything that goes in my oven.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Bacon, Breakfast, Snack, Pork, Pork Belly, Keto, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Whole 30, Paleo, Low Carb