Scrambled Eggs & Vegetables
Now’s the time to get rid of all those beautiful veggies you ain’t used yet in your refrigerator. Cut ’em up and serve with this versatile scrambled eggs recipe. Add onions, garlic, sweet potatoes, or greens – your refrigerator “is your oyster”.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: International
- 1 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 1/4 cup onions, diced
- 1/4 yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 2 Tbsp feta crumbles
- 2 Tbsp green onions, sliced
- 1 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- Add 1 Tbsp butter to large nonstick pan and bring to medium high heat. Add onions & peppers and cook ~ 3-4 minutes or until veggies are soft. Turn up the heat and throw in cherry tomatoes to warm ’em up for a couple minutes (trying to get some of the tomato juice to burn off). Set aside on a plate.
- Scramble the eggs in a medium sized bowl. Scramble them a lot. They like air incorporated – this makes them light and fluffy. Add water or milk if you like, but I like ’em straight up with no liquid.
- Add 2 tsp butter to same large nonstick pan and bring to medium heat. Add eggs when butter slightly starts to bubble. Let the bottom set for a minute and then gently stir the eggs, folding the curds over each other. ( No need to break up & over stir – think large & fluffy curds).
- Season the eggs with salt & pepper. Toss with the cooked veggies. Add avocado, feta, green onions, and parsley. Add salt to taste. Happy Scramblin’! Beckie
Don’t overcook the eggs. They will continue to cook for a minute when you take them out of the pan. Take them off the heat when any sign of liquid disappears unless you want rubbery hard eggs.
Things In My Kitchen:
- 7″ non stick pan – I love this heavy duty non stick pan with cooling handle. This pan is specifically for fryin’ eggs in this house. My man gets a good talkin’ too if I see him using it for anything else.
- 12″ PFOA free non stick pan – I use this non stick pan for cooking lots of scrambled eggs. PFOA free and comes with a glass lid.
- Silicone spatula set – heat resistant, no BPA’s, sleek & clean, won’t scratch your pans.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Breakfast, Eggs, Vegetarian, Leftovers, Paleo, Gluten Free, Whole 30, Keto, Low Carb