Mediterranean Amber Jack Fish
We are a part of a CSF (Community Supported Fishery) in Charleston named Abundant Seafood. We pay a set price at the beginning of the season and pick up a choice of whatever fish they brought in from their catch. The fish in this recipe is amberjack. If you can’t find that, any white flaky fish while work (cod, grouper, tilefish) will work for this recipe.
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 6 fillets amberjack
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup shallots, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red peppers, finely diced
- 1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts, finely diced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted & sliced
- zest from one lemon, as garnish
- juice from one lemon (~2 Tbsp)
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/4 black pepper
- sea salt to taste
- Bring a large non stick pan to medium high heat, add oil to lightly coat bottom of pan. Salt and pepper fish. Add fish to hot pan and cook ~ 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from pan and place on plate.
- Zest lemon first and then juice.
- Add shallots to pan and cook on low for ~ 3 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic and saute until fragrant (~1-2 minutes). Add fish back to pan along with red peppers, artichokes, olives, and lemon juice. Cook ~2-3 minutes or until hot.
- Plate fish and top with ingredients. Sprinkle on feta and garnish with lemon zest. Serve over Pasta or with sautéed Spinach. Add sea salt to taste. Happy Eating! Beckie
Bake fish sprinkled with salt & pepper in oven at 375 uncovered on a lined baking sheet ~ 15 minutes if you can’t fit all the fish in one pan on the stovetop. Carry on with the sauce in a smaller pan on the stovetop.
Things In My Kitchen:
Keywords: Amberjack, Fish, White Fish, Coastal, Low Country, Pescatarian, Gluten Free, Keto, Seafood