Smooth and creamy. The perfect snack with some veggies. Variations on this are endless: paprika, mint, basil, turmeric, basically any herb or spice that you like or toss in some other roasted veggie like red peppers.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- One 15 ounce can ( ~ 2 cups) drained canned chickpeas (or cook your own)
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced & sautéed
- 3 Tbsp e.v. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Bring a pan to medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook ~ 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Don’t let the garlic brown as it will taste bitter.
- Add all ingredients into food processor or blender. Blend until smooth (let the food processor run for at least a minute or two). Scrape down the sides and run the processor again. Add more water or Lemon Juice to make creamier or tangier if desired.
- Add sea salt to taste and drizzle a little olive oil over the top. Spread over or use as a dip for bread and veggies. Happy Eating! Beckie
- Don’t want to dirty a pan? Skip sauteing the garlic and add it in raw.
- Add pomegranate kernels or toasted pine nuts to the top if you want to up your game.
Things In My Kitchen:
- An affordable and great food processor to puree the hummus.
- Vitamix blender (low profile to fit under the cabinets) for when you want to really puree the heck out of something.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Hummus, Garbanzo Beans, Beans, Chickpeas, Lemon, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian