Fresh and full of flavor. An easy “go to” Mediterranean salad recipe that pleases everyone. Olives with the pits still in are the most flavorful but you will need to remember to tell your guests that the pits are still in, as they probably value their teeth 🙂
- Prep Time: 45 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: No Cooking Involved
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 2 medium heads (~8 cups) Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup can artichoke hearts, drained & chopped
- 1 cup whole mixed olives, with pits
- 2 medium tomato, wedged
- 1 medium cucumbers sliced
- 1 medium red pepper, chunked or sliced
- 2/3 cup feta crumbles
- Italian Dressing – recipe below or buy one
Ingredients Dressing (Or Buy a Pre-made Italian Dressing):
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp dried italian herbs
- pinch black pepper
- ~ 1/3 cup e.v. olive oil
- If you are making the dressing- mix all the ingredients except olive oil in a bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. You can also add all ingredients into a jar with a lid and shake vigorously.
- Combine all salad ingredients except feta in a bowl and toss with desired amount of dressing. Plate and add 2 Tbsp feta crumbles on top of each salad. Happy Eating! Beckie
Most salad dressings are made by whisking in the oil slowly. Sometimes, time is an issue and we want to eat faster. Toss the vinaigrette ingredients into a mason jar and shake vigorously.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Tongs – Perfect for tossing salads and an essential item in my kitchen.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Gluten free, Low Carb, Vegetarian, Keto