Pan Seared Chicken with Grape Glaze
This fresh grape sauce recipe is also excellent over pork chops or tenderloin, chicken, or tempeh for vegetarians. Don’t have Herbs de Provence? No problem – omit it or add any other herb that you got in your pantry.
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: International
Ingredient List Chicken:
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken thighs, boneless & skinless
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp Herbs de Provence
- sea salt
- black pepper
Ingredient List Grape Glaze:
- 12 ounces (~ 3 cups) seedless purple grapes
- 2 tsp e.v. olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp sugar (may not be needed if you’re grapes are sweet and in season)
- 2 tsp rosemary, chopped
- Sprinkle sea salt, black pepper, and Herbs de Provence on both sides of each piece of chicken.
- Bring a large pan to medium high heat and melt butter to lightly coat. You may have to cook the chicken in batches if the pan is not large enough. Add chicken when butter starts to lightly sizzle. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook ~ 7 minutes. Turn chicken and cook an additional 7 minutes covered or until done (when internal temperature of chicken reaches 165F and juices run clear).
- Make the glaze: Add all glaze ingredients to a food processor or blender. You can serve the grape glaze cold or put in a pan, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer uncovered ~ 7 minutes to reduce the sauce a bit. Add sea salt to taste. Happy Eating! Beckie
Things In My Kitchen:
- Food Processor – For blending up the grape glaze.
- Blender – A blender makes for a smoother glaze consistency than a food processor.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Chicken, Chicken Thighs, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Low Carb, Paleo, Whole 30