Chickpea Romaine Salad
There is no shame in loving crispy romaine or iceberg lettuce. In my experience cooking, people want to like the softer lettuce varieties but really want the crunch & crispness of romaine more often than the others. Here is an easy fresh salad made from what’s in the fridge – chickpeas, tomatoes, blue cheese, radishes, and pecans.
- Prep Time: 35 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Salad
- Method: No Cooking Involved
- Cuisine: International
Ingredient List Salad:
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled & sliced
- 6 radishes, sliced
- 3/4 cup chickpeas, canned, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled or cubed
Ingredient List Dressing:
- 2 tsp sharp or dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Make the dressing: Mix all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously.
- Make the salad: Mix all salad ingredients except blue cheese and pecans in a bowl. Toss with vinaigrette, plate, and top with pecans, and blue cheese. Add sea salt to taste. Happy Eating! Beckie
Trying to cut down on oil? Switch out 1/2 of the oil in the dressing with water.
Things In My Kitchen:
- 3 quart mixing bowl – I love these flat bottomed & wide brimmed mixing bowls for combining ingredients with veggies for roasting and for making salads. The 2 quart and 3 quart are my “go to” bowls for almost everything.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Chickpeas, Beans, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Low Carb, Holidays, 4th of July, Labor Day, Memorial Day