Beef Meatballs with Dill Sauce
Little beef or buffalo meatballs are perfect finger food recipe for any party & they can be made a day ahead of time if needed. Serve creamy dill sauce on the side for dippin’. Need gluten free? No problem – pulverize instant oats in a food processor – Affordable workhorse food processor for grating, slicing, & chopping. and substitute for the panko breadcrumbs.
Homemade Mayo is one of my favorite things to whip up by hand. Some people use a food processor or blender but I like to see and feel the dressing get thicker as it’s made. This also enables you to determine when it’s the right thickness. It’s also very simple to make once you get the hang of it. Watch my video below to learn how to make mayo.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 (3 each)
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: International
Ingredient List Meatballs:
- 1 lb ground buffalo or beef
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp mixed dry herbs or 2 Tbsp fresh herbs – whatever you got on hand!
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
Ingredient List Dill Sauce:
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup fresh dill, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Make Meatballs: Mix all meatball ingredients in a large bowl and roll into 1″ balls. Place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil (no oil is necessary). Bake ~ 10-12 minutes or until internal temperature of meatballs reaches 155F.
- Make Dill Sauce: In a small bowl mix together all dill sauce ingredients.
- Poke a toothpicks in each meatball and serve dill sauce in a small bowl on the side. Happy Eating! Beckie
Things In My Kitchen:
- Toothpicks – These are affordable plus got a little ornamental bling to ’em.
- Kitchen Tongs – Ultimate Favorite Kitchen Tool Ever. Don’t burn your fingertips removing the meatballs – use tongs!
- Baking Sheets – 13 x 18 and two of them to boot. Perfect for baking/roasting any vegetable or meat.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Meatballs, Beef, buffalo, Dips, Spreads, Dill, Low Carb