Buttery Shrimp w/ Worcestershire
This easy & flavorful sautéed shrimp recipe is cooked with butter, onions, garlic, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. Serve it over rice, spaghetti, or zucchini noodles to make it a full meal or just snack on as is or with a baguette.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: International
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup onions, diced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 3 Tbsp whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- black pepper
- Pat shrimp dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bring a large pan to medium high heat. Add olive oil and melt butter when hot. If all the shrimp will fit into the pan without crowding than fry in one batch. If not, reduce olive oil and butter by half and cook shrimp in two batches. Cook shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side or until done. Try to get it crispy on the outside. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same pan, reduce heat to medium, and add the remaining butter and onions and cook ~ -3-4 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add garlic & rosemary sprig and cook 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Stir in Worcestershire, lemon juice, and hot sauce. Bring to a boil and simmer ~ 3 minutes.
- Remove rosemary sprig and whisk in whipping cream. Add shrimp and any juices back to pan and simmer ~ 2-3 minutes or until shrimp are hot.
- Add salt and more hot sauce to taste. Eat as is or serve over cooked spaghetti or rice. Happy Eating! Beckie
- Don’t have heavy whipping cream? Try half & half or leave it out.
- Call ahead to the grocery store and ask the seafood counter person to peel and devein your shrimp.
Things In My Kitchen:
Shrimp peeler & deveiner – this makes faster work of peeling & deveining. It’s not fancy but this plastic one works better than any out there made of steel or that have big clunky handles.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Shrimp, Low Country, Coastal, Pescatarian, Gluten Free, Keto, Seafood, Holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas