Quinoa “Antipasto” Salad
This quinoa side dish recipe is inspired by vegetarian Italian antipasto ingredients: artichokes, olives, capers, pickled peppers & topped with a little feta. Substitute Parmesan cheese if you’re not into feta. Feta & Spinach Stuffed Chicken would be a great main dish to serve with this.
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 5
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts, diced
- 2/3 cup pickled peppers, diced
- 2/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, diced
- 2 Tbsp capers, drained
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 3/4 cup feta, crumbled as garnish
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Bring water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add quinoa, stir, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook covered ~ 18 minutes or until tender and water is cooked off.
- Remove from heat, uncover and let sit 5 minutes. Place on a large bowl and stick in the refrigerator to cool down before adding remaining ingredients.
- Mix in remaining ingredients, except feta, to cooled quinoa. Garnish with crumbled feta. Happy Eating!
Reserve some extra chopped parsley and use it as an extra garnish for color.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Scraper / Chopper for “scrapping up” the ingredients and easily transferring them to the quinoa bowl. I use this all the time for veg. prep.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thanks for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Quinoa, Antipasto, Feta, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Holidays, 4th of July, Labor Day, Memorial Day