Kalamata Olive & Fig Tapenade
This is a fast and tasty kalamata & fig tapenade appetizer that can be thrown together last minute. Serve this recipe with crackers, crostini, or over salad or pasta if you’ve got leftovers.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 7 Minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 5
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 4 ounces (1 cup) Kalamata olives, pitted & sliced
- 2 ounces (1/2 cup) dried figs, diced
- 1 ounce (1/4 cup) walnuts, toasted & chopped
- 1/4 cup curly parsley, rinsed & finely chopped
- 2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp e.v. Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Bake walnuts in a single layer for ~ 7 minutes or until fragrant. Walnuts are hard to tell when they are toasted so go by your nose. Cool before continuing.
- Slice the olives by hand or use a food processor with the slicing attachement. Slice off the tiny stem (if applicable) of the fig and dice. Expect this step to be sticky! Finely dice the parsley. Chop the walnuts.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl except the parsley. Gently fold in the parsley, leaving a Tablespoon to sprinkle over the top if desired. Happy Eating! Beckie
- Don’t have time or want to toast the walnuts? Skip it!
- You can also use flat leaf parsley but curly parsley holds up better and looks fresher longer.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Food processor for slicing the olives fast.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Kalamata Olives, Walnuts, Vegan, Vegetarian, Snack, Holidays, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Paleo, Whole 30, Low Carb