Radish & Kale Spaghetti
One of my favorite comfort food recipes is spaghetti with just an olive oil and Parmesan cheese base. I throw in whatever veggies are in the fridge and dig in. The lemon juice gives it tang. Add some red chili flakes or sriracha if you want some heat.
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: International
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp capers, drained
- 2 cups radishes, sliced thin
- 3 large handfuls kale (~ 1 small bunch), chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (~ 1 lemon)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- sea salt to taste
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated as garnish
- Add 1lb of spaghetti to a big pot of boiling salted water. Cook ~ 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until desired tenderness.
- Heat a large pan to medium high and enough olive oil to lightly coat the pan. When warm add onions. Cook ~ 3-4 minutes. Add garlic for an additional 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Toss in rest of the ingredients and cook until kale is wilted and ingredients are hot.
- Drain the pasta. Throw it back in the large pot and toss in the contents of the radish and kale pan. Add e.v. olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper to taste. Serve on a plate and top with Parmesan Cheese. Happy Eating! Beckie
Things In My Kitchen For This Recipe:
- Benriner Wide-Body Large Mandoline to slice the radishes thin.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Pasta, Spaghetti, Kale, Vegetarian