Arugula Caprese Salad
Some days are just harder than others. There are days when I don’t want to cook, especially if I have been cooking all day for others. This arugula caprese salad recipe is about seasonality, simplicity, flavor, and putting something in your mouth and tummy fast. A caprese salad alone is delicious, but adding some greens makes it feel healthier and more like a meal. Rinse the tomatoes and use pre-washed arugula. Eat it with some buttery toasted bread. Dinner = done.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 Minutes
- Yield: 3
- Category: Salad
- Method: No Cooking Involved
- Cuisine: Italian
- 5 ounces pre-washed arugula
- 2 cups (~ 8 oz) cherry tomatoes, rinsed
- 8 ounces ciliegine (cherry size) mozzarella, drained
- 12 basil leaves, chiffonade (sliced thinly) – as a garnish
- balsamic vinegar
- e.v. olive oil
- sea salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- Add the arugula to a bowl and toss lightly with e.v. olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sea salt, and black pepper. This isn’t a traditional vinaigrette. This is throwing some ingredients in a bowl when you’re hungry! Taste the arugula and add more of what you like.
- Plate the salad. In the same bowl and the cherry tomatoes and mozzarella. Toss with a little more olive oil, salt, and pepper and place on top of arugula. Top with sliced basil. Happy Eating! Beckie
Things In My Kitchen:
- 3 quart mixing bowl – I love these flat bottomed & wide brimmed mixing bowls for combining ingredients with veggies for roasting and for making salads. The 2 quart and 3 quart are my “go to” bowls for almost everything.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Arugula, Caprese Salad, Tomato, Vegetarian, Raw, Gluten Free, Summer