Mint is growing like weeds in our container garden. Here’s a quick mint pesto recipe that freezes well if you have leftovers. Spoon it over meat, fish, pasta, beans or veggies. Try it over Herbed Pork Tenderloin.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: ~6 ounces
- Category: Condiment
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: International
- ~ 2 cups (~1 oz) mint leaves
- 1/3 cup (~1 oz) pecans
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp sautéed garlic
- 1/3 cup e.v. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Bring a small pan to medium heat and add a touch of oil to lightly coat. Throw in garlic and cook ~ 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. Add water or olive oil if you want a thinner consistency. Add salt to taste. Happy Eating! Beckie
- Wanna save some energy and dishes? Don’t saute the garlic – just throw in in raw.
- This is a basic pesto recipe. You can add cheese and/or substitute the nuts, the herb, the acid (lime, orange, vinegar). Be creative if you don’t have all the ingredients and substitute what you got.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Food Processor – for blendin’ up the pesto.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thanks for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Mint, Mint Pesto, Herbs, Keto, Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free