Sesame Carrot & Ginger Soup
This is a smooth & delicious soup recipe for all those yummy carrots just hanging out in your refrigerator. Filling, rich, satisfying.
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 cups onions, diced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp ginger, minced
- 2lb carrots, peeled & chunked
- 7 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped as a garnish (optional)
- Bring a pot to medium high heat and add onions. Cook (stirring occasionally) uncovered ~ 5-6 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Add ginger and cook ~ 1 minutes or until fragrant. Add carrots, broth, coconut milk, salt, pepper, and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for ~ 20 minutes or until carrots are tender. Immersion blend (or use a blender) until smooth. Add more broth, water, or coconut milk if you want a thinner consistency.
- Add sea salt to taste. Serve it in a bowl and drizzle a touch of toasted sesame oil over it and top with chopped cilantro. Happy Eating! Beckie
Things In My Kitchen:
- Immersion blender to puree the soup.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Carrot Soup, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo, Whole 30