Strawberry Arugula Salad
Here’s a fresh, local, easy, and in-season salad recipe that has sweet chunks of strawberries mixed in with peppery arugula, creamy chevre, rich pecans, dressed with an orange/balsamic vinaigrette and garnished with orange zest. Settle in for a bowl of health.
- Prep Time: 20
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 4
- Category: Salad
- Method: No Cooking Involved
- Cuisine: International
Ingredient List Salad:
- 6 ounces arugula
- 2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup chevre, crumbled
- 1 orange, zested
Ingredient List Dressing (makes 1 1/3 cup):
- 1/2 cup orange juice (zest it first!)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- For the dressing: Place all ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously.
- For the salad: Add arugula, strawberries, and pecans to a bowl and mix in desired amount of dressing. Plate the salad, top with chevre, and garnish with orange zest.
Toss the arugula with the dressing first and plate. Then toss the pecan and strawberries together and layer into the salad so it’s visually a much prettier or more balanced plate. Top with chevre and zest.
Things In My Kitchen:
Big zester for big fresh citrus strings for the salad garnish.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Salad, Vegetarian, Side Dish, Gluten Free, Low Carb, Vegetarian