Apple, Celery, & Walnut Salad
Enjoy the crisp freshness of this tasty simple salad recipe. Filled with apples, crunchy celery, sweet raisins, and crisp walnuts – perfect for a summer or fall picnic side. This apple salad is also yummy stuffed into roasted delicata squash.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: International
- 1 large apple (~8 ounces), diced
- 3 stalks (~4.5 ounces) celery, diced
- 1/4 cup (~1.5 oz) raisins
- 1/2 cup (~ 2 oz) walnuts, toasted & chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F. Toast chopped walnuts on an aluminum lined baking sheet for ~5-7 minutes or until fragrant. Walnuts are hard to tell when they’re done, so go by smell. It’s done if it’s fragrant.
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl. Add sea salt to taste. Happy Eating! Beckie
- In a hurry or don’t want to turn the oven on? Skip toasting the walnuts and just throw them in!
Things In My Kitchen:
- 13×18 “jellyroll” baking sheet – I use these for nearly everything in the oven.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Apples, Salad, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Paleo, Whole 30, Low Carb, Vegan, Vegetarian