I can’t think of anything better to eat on a hot day. Gazpacho is a Spanish based uncooked, cold, refreshing and calming soup. Use any tomato for this recipe, but Romas are “meaty” with the fewest seeds. Summer may be winding down in your area, but the tomatoes right now are poppin’ delicious! Feeling like you need a little more carbs in your meal? Add a couple croutons as a garnish or some fresh bread for dippin’.
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Main Dish / Soup
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Spanish
- 6 Tomatoes (~ 1 1/2 lbs), peeled, seeded, & chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, & diced
- 1/2 cup red pepper, seeded & diced
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- ~3/4 cup tomato juice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup basil, sliced as garnish
- basil, sliced for garnish
- Mark an “X” in the bottom of your tomatoes. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add tomatoes. Cook ~ 20 seconds and transfer to an ice bath (ice and water) for ~ 2 minutes.
- Peel, seed (over a fine mesh strainer), and dice tomatoes. Reserve tomato juices in a large bowl and add tomatoes to the juices.
- Add cucumbers, red peppers, red onion, lime juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, tomato juice, and salt to tomatoes and stir. Add garlic and 1 cup of mixture to a blender and blend it up! Transfer back to bowl and stir. Add salt to taste and garnish with basil. Happy Eating! Beckie
- Don’t want to turn the stovetop on? Cool, just peel the tomatoes with a vegetable peeler. It will take a little longer and require more patience.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Fine Mesh Strainers – for straining the pulp.
- Blender – I love a Vitamix but it can be costly. This is my favorite more affordable blender.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Vegan, Vegetarian, Raw, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Low Carb, Keto, Whole 30, Soup, Summer