Shrimp salad is one of my favorite recipes. Fresh local shrimp from the Geechee Dock in Charleston SC. Shrimp season, summer, and salad = happiness. Thank you beautiful shrimp and thank you local shrimpers.
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Coastal
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1/2 cup (2 stalks) celery, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp chives, finely sliced
- 3 Tbsp red onions, finely diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- zest from one lemon
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp prepared minced horseradish
- 2 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 1/2 tsp salt. Add shrimp and cook ~ 3-5 minutes or until done. Blanch shrimp in ice cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain and chop.
- Mix all ingredients, except shrimp, in a large bowl. Add chopped shrimp and stir. Add more mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste. Toss in more horseradish if you like it spicier. Serve over lettuce or with crackers or toasted bread. Happy Eating! Beckie
Things In My Kitchen:
Shrimp peeler & deveiner– There’s a lot of fancy & expensive shrimp peelers & deveiners out there. This inexpensive, plastic one works the best for me. I am lost without it.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Shrimp, Low Country, Coastal, Pescatarian, Gluten Free, Keto, Seafood, Holidays, Paleo, Keto, Low Carb, Whole 30