Salmon w/ Dijon Dill Sauce & Zoodles
This light salmon recipe is broiled and topped with a dijon and dill butter sauce with a hint of shallot and served over zoodles (zucchini noodles). Perfect for summer or when you’re watching carbs. Summer got the kitchen too hot? Take it to the grill! Don’t have a spiralizer? Substitute raw cucumber sliced by hand or boil some pasta instead.
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Dinner / Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop / Oven
- Cuisine: International
- 6 pieces (6 oz each) salmon fillets
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, cold & divided
- 1 medium shallot, finely diced
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp dill, chopped & divided
- 6 medium zucchini, spirilized into zoodles
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch pepper
- Set broiler on high. Place salmon on foil lined baking sheet and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Broil 7-10 minutes or until cooked to desired doneness.
- Bring a small pan to medium high heat and add the olive oil and 1 1/2 Tbsp of the butter. Add shallots when butter is melted and cook ~ 3 minutes or until soft. Add wine, bring to a boil and simmer uncovered until reduced by half (~ 4-5 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low and whisk in mustard, 2 Tbsp dill, salt, and pepper. Remove pan from heat. Cut the remaining 2 1/2 Tbsp butter into chunks and whisk into sauce. Add salt to sauce to taste.
- Plate raw zoodles and top with salmon. Garnish with remaining dill. Happy eating! Beckie
- Don’t burn the shallots. They should be soft and translucent, not crispy. Reduce the heat if they are starting to crisp up.
- Some broilers run extra hot and others are not hot enough. If you don’t know your broiler, please watch your salmon to make sure it doesn’t burn. Don’t want to broil? Bake uncovered 375F ~ 15 minutes or until desired doneness.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Spiralizer – For making zucchini noodles / “zoodles”
- Whisk – Affordable set of 3 for whiskin’ the sauce.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Gluten Free, Paleo, Pescatarian, Zoodles