Baked Tomato, Pepperoncini, & Chevre (Add to Pasta or Bruschetta
Fresh and rich. Use this tomato & cheese bake recipe on crackers, chips, bruschetta, tartines (open face sandwich), or over spaghetti/pasta. This baked tomato recipe has endless variations depending on what you have in your refrigerator: kalamata olives, artichokes, hearts of palm, red peppers, etc…. This serves 6 as an appetizer or 3 as a main if you toss with pasta or zoodles.
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 1/2 cups (~10 oz) cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 medium pepperoncini, sliced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp capers, drained
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced & sautéed
- 2 Tbsp e.v. olive oil
- 1.5 oz (~ 1/3 cup) chevre (goat cheese), crumbled
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- pinch black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chiffonade (sliced)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Bring a small pan to medium heat, add a little olive oil to lightly coat, and pan fry the garlic for ~ 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Mix all the ingredient in a lightly oiled baking dish and bake at 400F uncovered ~20 minutes or until boiling.
- You can use this as a dip, on crostini, or toss it with some pasta. Add sea salt to taste. Bursting with summer’s flavor. Eat slow and enjoy the moment. Beckie
Don’t want to dirty an extra pan? Skip pan frying the garlic and throw straight into the baking dish with the other ingredients.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Mac 8″ chef’s knife – this is my favorite expensive knife.
- Tramontina 8″ chef’s knife– this is one of my favorite more affordable knives.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Tomatoes, Pasta, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Summer, Cheese