Lemon Dill Orzo Pasta
This light orzo recipe is full of fragrant herbs and tangy lemon juice. Very addicting and perfect for a picnic, potluck, or large gathering. Parmesan is pictured but it’s even better with feta. This looks like a lot of pasta salad when it’s finished but it goes down easy! Top it off with seared scallops and make it a main dish.
- Prep Time: 40 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: International
- 1 lb orzo
- 2/3 cup (~ 4-5 lemons) lemon juice
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 large cucumber, seeded & diced
- 2/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 cup dill, chopped
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts, – optional as garnish
- 1/2 lb feta or Parmesan cheese – optional as garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add orzo and cook 8-10 minutes or until desired doneness. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Toss mixture with orzo and place in refrigerator to cool, stirring occasionally. When cool, mix in remaining ingredients, except cheese and pine nuts.
- Add salt to taste and top with cheese and pine nuts. Happy Eating! Beckie – Eat Simple Food
Rinse orzo in cool water after draining and before adding oil and lemon mixture if you’re trying to cool the orzo faster to add the remaining ingredients.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Old School Juicer – just like the one my mama gave me.
- Over The Sink Colander – Don’t set your clean colander in your dirty sink!
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Feta, Orzo, Pasta, Herbs, Vegetarian, Picnic Food, Holidays, 4th of July, Labor Day, Memorial Day