Wow your guests with this simple & classic tomato, mozzarella, basil “Caprese Salad” recipe. These beauties are the heirloom variety Cherokee Purple tomatoes. Want to give it more punch? Add a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 Minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No Cooking Involved
- Cuisine: Italian
- 4 medium heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1lb whole buffalo mozzarella, sliced
- e.v. olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
- ~20 basil leaves
- Lay the tomato slice down on 6 plates. Top with Mozzarella slices. Drizzle with e.v. olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Top with basil leaf. Eat well! Beckie
If the mozzarella is stronger or thicker than the tomatoes lay that down first and the tomatoes second.
Things In My Kitchen:
- 16 x 12 x .75 Teak Cutting Board – sourced from sustainably managed plantation and has juice “run-off” grooves.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Caprese Salad, Mozzarella, Tomatoes, Basil, Salad, Cheese, Summer, Keto, Gluten Free