BBQ Oven Baked Baby Back Ribs
These bbq baby back rib recipe is easy to make in the oven, will slide gently off the bone and will blow your mind. 4lbs *sounds* like a lot until you start eating…
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 150 Minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 35 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Main Dish / Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Ingredient List Ribs:
- 4 lb Baby Back Ribs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup BBQ Sauce or Ingredients below to make it yourself.
Ingredients List Barbecue Sauce (or buy some)
- 1 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup whiskey
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (add more if you like it hotter)
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- For the sauce: Use a store bought bbq sauce or combine all the BBQ sauce ingredients above in a pot, bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, and cook uncovered ~ 30 minutes or until sauce is reduced. Stir occasionally so it doesn’t burn.
- For the ribs: Pull any fat off the ribs that easily comes off with your fingers (if you can’t pull it off then it supposed to be there!). Peel off any tough membrane that is on the bony side of the ribs if it’s not done already. Lightly sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper.
- Cut the ribs into manageable sizes (if needed) that will fit onto a baking sheet. Line a baking sheet with two large sheets of aluminum foil for each rack of ribs (enough to cover the ribs). Place ribs meat side up (bones down) in the foil and crimp the foil into packets and place on baking sheet. Bake 2 1/2 hours or until ribs are tender.
- Uncover ribs (careful – it’s hot!), slather with bbq sauce & broil uncovered for 2-4 minutes or until BBQ sauce is boiling and browned.
Love your crock-pot or slow cooker? Throw the ribs in it with the BBQ sauce and cook on low for 8 hours.
Things In My Kitchen:
- 12 x 17 jelly roll baking sheet – I use this for practically everything that goes in my oven.
- 6 quart crock-pot for days when I’m gone all day and want to come home and eat right away.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: BBQ, Barbecue, Ribs, Baby Back, Baby Back Ribs, Pork, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Whole 30, Paleo, Keto