It took me 10 years of living in the South before I liked Pimento cheese. Then, I became obsessed with the recipe & dish. Obsessed – like dreaming about it – craving it, making it and eating nothing else. Put it on crackers, bread, veggies, steaks, etc… Eat it by the spoonful if necessity calls. My friend Kim gave it out as holiday gifts one year – her version had grated onions, just a bit, – don’t skip it, but err on the side of less onions as the juice can be potent. Slowly add to taste.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- Yield: ~ 3 Cups
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No Cooking Involved
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups ( 8 oz) sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) roasted red pepper, drained & chopped
- 2 tsp onion grated
- pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix. Add more mayonnaise if you want a creamier consistency. Add more cayenne and salt & pepper to taste if desired. Happy obsessive eating! Beckie
- Buy whole roasted red peppers in the can and chop yourself – they are not as mushy as the pre-chopped
- Wanna roast your own red pepper? The picture below shows how charred it should look with a little skin peeled away to reveal the vibrant red color underneath the char.
Things In My Kitchen:
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: PImento Cheese, Cheese, Snack, Condiment, Dip, Spread, Comfort Food, Low Country, Southern, Superbowl, Vegetarian, Gluten Free