Easy Cole Slaw
Put this cole slaw recipe on top of your pulled pork or chicken sandwiches or eat as a side dish. Delicious with these easy BBQ Ribs. Also, fantastic picnic & potluck food.
Homemade Mayo is one of my favorite things to whip up by hand. Some people use a food processor or blender but I like to see and feel the dressing get thicker as it’s made. This also enables you to determine when it’s the right thickness. It’s also very simple to make once you get the hang of it. Watch my video below to learn how to make mayo.
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: No Cooking Involved
- Cuisine: American
- 1 head (~1 1/2 lb) Napa or regular cabbage, roughly chopped or sliced
- 4 carrots (~ 6 ounces), grated
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (or any other acid)
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise (or vegenaise for vegans)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to distribute ingredients. Add more mayonnaise and sea salt to taste.
- You can eat it straight away but it will taste better if it has a couple hours to sit. Good for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Happy Eating! Beckie
Things In My Kitchen:
- Pastry chopper – I use pastry chopper/scrapper’s for scooping up food from the cutting board and placing in bowls or on plates. It’s fast, efficient, and keeps your hands clean.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Cole Slaw, Cabbage, Holidays, 4th of July, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Keto, Low Carb, Raw