Baked Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks
Oh my. Love them so. Spicy and crispy baked buffalo chicken drumsticks. Perfect little appetizer recipe or serve as a meal with salad. Don’t like spicy sauce? No problem – just eat them without it! We eat some version of this once a week for dinner/snacks and then I make chicken bone broth with the bones.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6 (3 each)
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Ingredient List Chicken:
- 2lb (~20 pieces) chicken wings/drums
- 2/3 cup flour (all purpose or gluten free)
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
Ingredient List Sauce:
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
Optional Side Ingredients:
- 1 head of celery, cut into chunks for dipping
- blue cheese dressing for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- For Chicken: Toss chicken with remaining ingredients. Shake off any excess flour from the chicken and roast (uncovered) on an aluminum lined & oiled baking sheet – 13 x 18 and two of them to boot. Perfect for roasting any vegetable. ~40-45 minutes or until crispy and internal temperature reaches 165F and juices run clear. Turn to broil in the last 3 minutes if you want them a little crispier.
- For Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a small pan, bring to a boil, and simmer uncovered ~ 10 minutes or until ingredients are blended and thickened.
- Transfer cooked drumsticks to a bowl and coat with hot sauce. Serve with cut celery sticks and blue cheese dressing. Happy finger lickin’ chicken eatin’! Beckie
Things In My Kitchen:
- Baking Sheets – 13 x 18 and two of them to boot. Perfect for roasting drums or wings. One sheet pan will hold ~3 pounds of drums.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Drumsticks, Chicken, Chicken Drums, Fast Dinners, Can Be Gluten Free, Holidays, Memorial Day, Labor Day, St. Patrick's Day, 4th of July, Snack, Dairy Free