This tangy little antipasto salad will blow you away. Serve this recipe with Romaine lettuce, over pasta, or make a bruschetta. This is the basics – feel free to expand on it and add: crushed red pepper, pepperoncini, various cheeses, olives, pickled condiments, artichokes, capers, whatever you got. You can use a pre-made dressing or make it yourself (recipe below).
- Prep Time: 40 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Salad
- Method: No Cooking Involved
- Cuisine: Italian
Ingredient List Salad:
- 2 medium heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 4 ounces salami, pepperoni, or ham (or any combination)
- 1 medium cucumber, unpeeled, seeded, diced
- 2 medium diced Roma tomato, seeded, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onions, finely diced
- 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
Ingredient List Dressing (Or use a pre-made Italian):
- 1/4 tsp ground Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp ground Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- pinch of Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp dried herb of choice (Herb de Provence, basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, etc…)
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- > 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Make the vinaigrette: mix together all dressing ingredients except olive oil in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Make the salad: In a large bowl combine all ingredients EXCEPT the romaine and Parmesan cheese. Add the dressing. Marinate for a couple hours if you have the time. Before serving, toss with Romaine lettuce and sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese. Happy Eating! Beckie
Wanna save some time? Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake vigorously. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Things In My Kitchen:
- 3 quart mixing bowl – I love these flat bottomed & wide brimmed mixing bowls for combining ingredients with veggies for roasting and for making salads. The 2 quart and 3 quart are my “go to” bowls for almost everything.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Antipasto, Salad, Gluten Free, Salami, Cheese