Roasted Chicken Thighs & Drums
Easy to make and easy to eat. This is an easy recipe when you don’t want to do much but have 45 minutes for the chicken to cook. Chicken skin turns out crispy while inside stays moist. Serve over a salad for a beautiful lunch or dinner.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: International
- 12 pieces of chicken – 6 thighs, 6 drums – bone in, skin on
- 1 1/2 Tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- pinch cayenne – optional if you like it hot
- Preheat oven to 425F (convection roast if you got it)
- Pat chicken dry.
- Mix the paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl. Sprinkle over chicken.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire cooling rack on top of the sheet. This elevates the chicken so it doesn’t bake or steam in it’s own grease and promotes even cooking. Place the chicken on the rack, trying to keep the pieces from touching each other.
- Roast chicken uncovered ~ 40-45 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165F. Let rest 10 minutes before eating. Add salt to taste. Happy finger lickin’ chicken! Beckie
TIP: Turn the broiler on (watching carefully) for ~2-4 minutes if your chicken skin is not crisp and brown.
Things In My Kitchen:
- 13 x 18 “jellyroll” baking sheet pans – Love these for roasting & baking nearly everything.
- 12 x 17 wire cooling rack – cool food or elevate it while cooking.
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Dinner, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Low Carb, Chicken, Paleo