Who don’t like chili over pasta?! Cincinnati chili is famous in it’s hometown and this recipe variation incorporates beans and some more Indian spices. This can be made with ground beef, buffalo, or lamb or 1lb drained extra firm crumbled Tofu. This recipe calls for cooked/canned beans. Click here if you want to learn how to cook your own beans. Trying to go gluten free? Try serving over brown rice pasta, rice, or quinoa.
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 1 lb spaghetti
- ~ 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground chili powder
- 1 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 15 ounces kidney beans with juices
- 15 ounces diced canned tomatoes with juices
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated for garnish
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add spaghetti. Reduce heat and cook at a simmer for ~ 10-12 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- Bring a large pot or pan to medium high heat on the stovetop, add enough oil to lightly cover the bottom of the pan. Add onions, beef, garlic, cinnamon, chili powder, garam masala, bay leaf, and salt when oil is hot.
- Cook ~ 8 minutes or until beef is nearly done and add beans, tomatoes, and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, ~ 30 minutes or until sauce is reduced.
- Serve over drained spaghetti and add cheese and parsley to garnish. Add salt to taste. Happy Eating! Beckie
Don’t have beef broth? Just substitute water.
Things In My Kitchen:
- Over The Sink Colander – Don’t set your clean colander in your dirty sink. Yuck!
For more kitchen items I love/use: please visit my shop page.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my blog & love of cooking.
Keywords: Spaghetti, Chili, Beef, Comfort Food, Beans, Pasta